Saturday, February 28, 2015

Safety Bubble?

It's really easy to sit in our bubble of safety. These past few weeks, I've been reminded that sometimes the bubble pops. When it pops what are you gonna do? Who are you gonna praise?

The last week or so we have seen in the news the beheading of Christian men. They knew that "All that live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution." 2 Timothy 3:12. These men and their families knew what that could mean. That one day that verse could be put in action. Here in a America, we are blessed way beyond measure. We have no "real" persecution. Yeah, we may have problems at work or at home. Those shouldn't be taken lightly either. My point is are we worried someone will kill us? Or our families? No. I know my little problems don't compare. I do know, I take so much for granted..everything even God.
As Christians, we are not promised a good and safe life. We all like to skim over 2 Timothy 3:12. (Ok, I don't know about you all but I do.) When we look at the definition the word shall, according to the dictionary. "It means future tense." In other words it's inevitable it will.

What makes us so special in America that we think we will never suffer persecution? Is it because we're from America, that we think it gives a get out of jail card type of deal? We have fallen into this trap (even as Christians) that we can do whatever we want and there'll be no consquences. We all want to live in the moment. Forget about tomorrow. The problem is tomorrow comes. I'm not saying that God is sitting in heaven, pointing and shaking his finger at us. In fact psalm 116:5 says, "The Lord is merciful and righteous, and our God is full of compassion." He isn't some tyrant waiting for us to fall and letting all "the bad" things happen. He is full of comapassion. Isn't that a lovely thought? That He is sympathetic to us?

If your a Christian and reading this blog, I just a want you to think of our brothers in Christ. Think of how they felt. Being scared but being full of joy because Christ was there. Romans 8:38-39. They were praying (more than likely) praying for the men who stood above them ready to kill them. Already had forgiven those men. I know I have a hard time forgiving for the most stupid things. I can be determined, OK well stubborn. Then to imagine how the men who murdered the Christians, could be so full of hate and anger. It makes me so sad for them. That they know no other way. Maybe it's my motherly instincts but I just want to love those men. Show them another way. Am I the only one?

So my question from this blogpost is when the bubble pops who or what are you gonna serve?

No comments:

Post a Comment