Monday, March 9, 2015

Oh the Impatience!


Patience. Is not something I'm all that great at. When I was younger. I remember hearing one of my parents speak on how patient I was. I didn't think I was. At all. When your little, sitting through church is hard. Waiting for Christmas is even harder. I've realized the older I get it doesn't get any easier to wait.  We all feel it everyday. Even in the little things. Impatience.

So I got to thinking (something I do a lot of) and thought about timing. Not just any timing but God's timing. Is waiting and timing the same? Why does God make others wait longer? Whether it be a job, marriage, or a baby. Does He make us wait out of anger? Or to teach us a lesson as He shakes His finger? No, I don't so. I do think it is out of love. Sometimes it's just our own stupidity with our own time in waiting. When we jump ahead. Because we are impatient.  Waiting isn't easy in itself. Waiting on God sometimes feels even harder. I know for my own self it is. These last few weeks, I've been learning to wait on God.


So my thought for you is; how are you waiting? Are you waiting or trying to wait on God?









No comments:

Post a Comment